Sunday, July 11, 2010

Suggested Reading Material

Much like my suggestions to almost every client to exercise regularly, there are a few "tried and true" book suggestions I have that I find myself making over and over again.  Whether you are in therapy now with me or somebody else, you are considering therapy, or you would just like some decent self-help books here are some that I find incredibly valuable.

A few general self-help books for anxiety and depression:





 
The next one is a favorite not just because it's so good but because the title is fantastic.  Definitely remove this one from your coffee table before any family gatherings...



 
Incredibly helpful as an assist to couples therapy or for couples to try working thru on their own to increase their communication skills:
 




Fabulous depression self-help book:



Wonderful book for sexual abuse survivors as they prepare for pregnancy, birth, postpartum and lactation written by my mentor Phyllis Klaus:



For clients who are living with chronic pain this book has solid treatment options along with holistic support:



My favorite parenting book in the whole world:

No comments: